Elizabeth McBurney, MD
Dr. McBurney is a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans. She completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Carney Hospital and Boston University Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. McBurney completed her Dermatology residency at Charity Hospital and Louisiana State University School of Medicine. She serves on the faculty of both LSU and Tulane Health Sciences Centers as Clinical Professor of Dermatology.
Board certified in both Internal Medicine and Dermatology, her special interests include cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, laser surgery, and skin rejuvenation. Dr. McBurney holds leadership positions in many professional organizations, including the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the American Dermatological Association, and the Women’s Dermatologic Society. She has written and published many articles on dermatologic subjects and won many awards for her contributions to dermatology.
Dr. McBurney is an experienced Lafayette Dermatologist and currently sees patients as Sanova Dermatology – Lafayette.
- American Board of Dermatology – Diplomate of Dermatology
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Diplomate of Internal Medicine
Education and Training
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, LA – Graduated in 1965
Bachelor of Science
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA – Graduated in 1969
Masters in Science – Medicine
- Pensacola Education Program, Pensacola, FL
Mixed Medicine Intern
- University Hospital/Carney Hospital, Boston, MA
Internal Medicine Resident
- Charity Hospital, New Orleans, LA
Contact Sanova Dermatology
Contact us today if you are interested in setting up a consultation with Dr. McBurney.
1245 Camellia Boulevard
Suite 300 Lafayette, LA 70508
Practice: (337) 839 2773
Billing Office: (337) 839 2773