Jennifer Vickers, MD
Dr. Vickers is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in the evaluation and management of conditions of the skin, hair, and nails. She sees every patient as an opportunity to improve a life, whether she is treating a baby with a rash, providing a skin screening for skin cancer, or performing a cosmetic procedure. In every aspect of her practice, she strives to ensure that her patients feel comfortable, in good care, and that they are an integral part of their own health.
Dr. Vickers is a Texas native and completed her undergraduate degree with High Honors at the University of Texas at Austin. She went on to complete her medical degree at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where she also completed an internship in Internal Medicine. She then moved to New York City where she received her residency training from New York Medical College in Manhattan and fellowship training from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx. She is double board-certified in dermatology and dermatopathology.
She returned to Austin in 2014 and served as an attending physician and assistant professor with the Division of Dermatology at Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin, where she was named the head of cosmetics and oversaw the dermatopathology curriculum.
Dr. Vickers has participated in research involving the use of technology to aid in skin cancer diagnosis and has published articles in several peer-reviewed journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
She treats all ages from pediatric to geriatric patients, and her services include general dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, biopsies, and minor surgeries such as skin cancer and cyst removal. She also treats rashes, acne, psoriasis, eczema, and autoimmune conditions that affect the skin. She is most enthusiastic about her relationships with her patients.
- Member – American Academy of Dermatology
- Member – American Society of Dermatopathology
- Member – Texas Dermatological Society
- Member – Austin Dermatological Society
- Member – Travis County Medical Society
Education and Training
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas – Graduated in 2004
Bachelor of Science in Psychology; Graduated with High Honors
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas – Graduated in 2009
Medical Degree; Awarded Magna Cum Laude in Honors Research Program
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas – 2009 – 2010
Internship in Department of Internal Medicine
- Queen’s University,New York Medical College/ Metropolitan Hospital, New York, New York – Graduated in 2013
Residency in Department of Dermatology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ DermPath Diagnostics, New York, New York
Fellowship in Dermatopathology
- Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Bee Cave & Lakeway
3944 S. RR 620 Bldg. 6
Suite 201 Bee Cave, TX 78738
Practice: (512) 366-8568
Billing Office: (512) 359-7546