5 Questions You May Have About Ultherapy
Ultherapy is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure cleared by the FDA to lift and tighten skin and minimize lines and wrinkles of the brow, neck, chin, and chest. The procedure uses focused ultrasound energy, targeting multiple levels of tissue beneath the skin and promoting new collagen production. Lasers and fillers are not involved in the procedure.
It is the only non-invasive lifting device on the market. All other devices are considered skin tightening and take multiple treatments to achieve results similar to Ultherapy and do not last as long. This is why according to ASAPS statistics physicians consider it the gold standard for a non-invasive lifting and tightening. In fact, it’s the treatment of choice by Christie Brinkley, which she mentions in her “Timeless Beauty Book” as what helps her look as good as she feels.
How Does It Work?
Ultherapy uses sound energy to treat the deep foundational layers of collagen in the skin and muscle skin layers. The procedure is unique because it allows the clinician to view the areas that will benefit most from treatment, resulting in a customized treatment.
Who is a Good Candidate?
A good candidate seeks a procedure that will diminish and lift mild to moderate lines, wrinkles and sagging skin on their face, neck and, or chest. Of course the best way to find out if you’re a candidate is to consult with the experts like the ones on https://lssjacksonville.com/.
What Are the Benefits?
Collagen is the most prevalent protein in our bodies and is responsible for the strength and elasticity of our skin, bones and connective tissues. When our production slows down we begin to see the lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin associated with aging.
- Ultherapy stimulates new collagen, leading to lifting and plumping of the skin’s underlying structure.
- There is a gradual renewal of collagen for a more natural looking improvement
- Collagen renewal continues for months after the initial treatment
- There is no downtime or recovery period.
How Long Does the Procedure Take?
The procedure time will vary, depending on each individual (or customized) treatment plan. Generally, the face and neck areas take about 60-90 minutes and the chest 30 minutes.
How Long Does It Last?
- The treatment promotes new collagen production at a deep level, so most of the total effects are not immediate. Ultimate results can take up to 6 months to result in an optimal lift which also minimizes lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Once the new collagen is produced and the effects are visible, the results age with you. One treatment is usually enough; additional treatments are available for maintaining the look based on individual needs and preferences.
Today there are more options than ever for treatment of lines, wrinkles and sagging facial skin. But, Ultherapy is the gold standard. For those not interested in a surgical rejuvenation, Ultherapy offers an alternative with a non-invasive, FDA cleared procedure for lifting and tightening the skin.
Please contact us for any questions and to explore the best options for your individual concerns.