Recipe For Great Skin: Spring Salmon Salad
A great, and effective, way to take care of your skin is to pay attention to what you feed your skin. Your skin absorbs nutrients from the foods that you consume, and it is important to remember that when you are deciding what to have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Ingredients: Salmon, Fresh Baby Spinach, Avocado, Tomato, Sunflower Seeds, Lemon, Olive Oil.
- To start your delicious skin-conscious meal, you are going to need a sauté pan with a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high heat. Then, when the pan is warm, add your salmon fillet. Cook on each side about 3-4 minutes, to get a good searing on the sides.
- Salmon offers your skin Omega-3 vitamins, which keep your skin plump and moisturized.
- Dice your avocado and tomato.
- Avocado has many essential vitamins (A & E), fatty acids which help with skin regeneration, and great antioxidants!
- Tomato is a great source of lycopene, which helps fight aging in the skin!
- Prepare your bowl with Spinach leaves (sliced if you prefer them to be a bit more bite-sized)
- Spinach is not only nutrient rich, but it contains many vitaminsincluding vitamins B, C, & E, calcium, iron, omega-3, magnesium, and potassium!
- Add your diced tomato and avocado to the bowl. Then add your salmon (sliced if preferred).
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the salad, as this will add a great crunch to the salad.
- Sunflower seeds offer your skin copper, which helps create the melanin in the skin, as well as helping toughen your skin from sun damage.
- Drizzle olive oil over ingredients in bowl and add lemon juice for freshness
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Don’t forget to add personal touches when creating recipes, as these are the ones that make them delicious! Who knows, adding a little feta cheese or spice can make the difference between good and great! Take a little more time to think about what you consume and you can be adding a large amount of nutrients that benefit your health and skin.