March 2014

What Is Erivedge?

Basal cell carcinoma is all too common a word nowadays in the dermatology clinic. With 1 in 5 American now developing skin cancer, it’s become one of the most common reasons for visiting and seeking treatment by a dermatologist. There have been tremendous advancements in the treatment this disease. Mohs surgery, for example, is minimally-invasive in office procedure, that delivers Continue reading

Telogen Effluvium: Is It Common to Lose Hair After Having A Baby?

At any time, over 90% of hair on our heads is growing. The remaining 10% is in what is called a “resting phase.” Every few months, the resting hair begins to shed. These three phases comprise the natural hair cycle. This cycle allows for new, healthy hair growth to continue.  “We lose approximately 100 hairs a day,” explains Dr. Adam Continue reading

Community Impact Features Sanova Dermatology!

Dr. Adam Mamelak and Dr. Miriam Hanson are now featured in the recent issue of the Community Impact Austin, where Dr. Mamelak goes into detail about skin cancer awareness and its relation to pop culture. “It sounds funny, but this is what people talk about,” he said. “They see it on TV, they see it in culture and the next Continue reading

Will A Chemical Peel Help My Acne?

Acne is an unwanted guest on many people’s faces, and sometimes over the counter remedies, topical creams and antibiotic treatments don’t do the trick. “It’s not just the acne,” says Dr. Miriam Hanson, dermatologist and skin care expert in Austin, Texas. “I probably have as many patients ask about the marks left behind after the acne resolves, than I do Continue reading

Zilker Garden Festival| Causes and Prevention of Plant Dermatitis

The time has come again for the breathtaking Zilker Garden Festival in Austin Texas. Local events like these are very important to keep the community together, and keep us busy and appreciative of the nature around us. As you know, it is very important to keep skin safety in mind when attending outdoor events by hydrating and using sunscreen and Continue reading

Product Spotlight | SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic

“We now know that 90% of the things on the skin we call ‘aging’ are directly caused by the sun,” explains Dr. Miriam Hanson, dermatologist and skin care expert in Austin, Texas. “In dermatology, we refer to this process as ‘photoaging.’” Photoaging is almost inescapable, as it is hard to steer completely clear of the sun. As you take the Continue reading

How the Outdoorsman Can Avoid Sunburn and Skin Cancer

Another outdoor sports season is upon us and whether you are stepping outside for a quick one-on-one basketball game, spending a few days fishing, or hiking, there are things you need to remember when spending prolonged time outdoors. “Austin is all about the outdoors and outdoor lifestyle, especially with the biking, Town Lake, trails and all the fishing, hunting so Continue reading

What is the Risk of my Child’s Mole or Birthmark Becoming a Skin Cancer?

“It can be quite scary,” says Dr. Adam Mamelak, dermatologist and skin cancer expert in Austin, Texas. “As a parent, we put our children before ourselves. And at the forefront of this, is our child’s health.” Parents are naturally concerned about their children’s health and wellbeing, and become concerned when anything seems out of the ordinary. Birthmarks of some kind Continue reading

Top 5 Ways to Spring Into Fresh Skin

Spring is finally upon us, and it is now time to start taking stock in your skin! Are you allowing yourself to look as fresh and clear as possible? “There is a multitude of things that you can do to make your skin happy and allow you to look your best in all seasons,” Dr. Miriam Hanson board-certified dermatologist in Austin, Texas Continue reading

The Power of Sleep and Your Skin

We can all attest to how important sleep is. Whether it is how tired you are the next day or throwing off your schedule, missing a few winks can really throw you off. But, what are the health effects of missing sleep? Is your skin going to look just as tired as you are? Here are a few things to Continue reading

Next Page »
×
Specials
Book Online

Latest Specials & Promotions

View All
Locations