MotoGP | Your Guide to Outdoor Stadium Events
One of the biggest things that has happened to Austin recently is the Circuit of the Americas, bringing a variety of high quality events to the Austin area from Formula 1 racing to phenomenal concerts and shows. But while your getting down to some great music or watching race cars thunder by, both the track and Austin360 Amphitheater can leave you at the mercy of the sun! If you want to elevate your sports-watching experience, you can bet on sites such as https://22.214.171.124/.
This weekend’s MotoGP race events are going to be exciting, bringing a large spectacle to our great city, and with it an all-day outdoor event. “With events starting at 7 AM and going until 5 or 6 PM, your body is going to be absorbing a lot of UV rays,” states Dr. Adam Mamelak, a board certified Dermatologist in Austin, Texas. “With exciting events taking place outside all day long, it’s easy for someone to forget the importance of taking care of your health and skin.”
At Sanova Dermatology, we feel it’s best to keep these things into consideration when attending outdoor sporting events and concerts!
Top 5 Outdoor Event Tips:
- Remember Sunscreen -UV Rays are strongest during the April through October, which are the prime months for outdoor sporting events and concerts. “We are sure you have heard this plenty of times, but it’s always important to remember that sunscreen should be applied, multiple times a day,” confirms Dr. Mamelak. One good coating in the morning followed by a couple of spray coats or reapplication of broad spectrum sunscreen, throughout the day, will offer your skin a protective shield from the UV rays that burn, damage, and lead to greater risk of skin cancers like Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma, and Melanoma.
- Make Sure You Are Covered – Not only should you be covering your skin in broadband sunscreen, make sure that you are wearing light, but covering, clothing. This allows your body to miss some of those UV rays and minimize your opportunity for sunburn.
- Staying Hydrated – As with all outdoor events, it’s best to make sure that you plan to stay hydrated, and we don’t mean beer! It’s very important to make sure that you are keeping a bottle of water with you to allow yourself to re-hydrate and prepare for the upcoming events.
- Give Yourself A Break – If you are one of the crowd members that shows up at 6:45 AM to guarantee yourself a good seat and stay through the victory laps in the evening, make sure that you are taking that prolonged exposure to the sun and elements into consideration. If there is opportunity, try to find an indoor resting place. “This would be a good opportunity to grab a snack, hydrate, and reapply your sunscreen,” Dr. Mamelak suggests. A chance for your body to rejuvenate is always necessary during all day events, regardless of weather.
- Post-Event Care – If you have spent some time outside and notice anything that you are concerned about on your body, whether it be red bumps, a severe sunburn, a rash, or new freckles/marks do not hesitate to get your sin looked at. “Noticing these slight difference in your skin and body can help you keep your skin healthy, make you informed of dangers like skin cancer, and set your mind at ease,” offers Dr. Mamelak.
During these Spring and Summer months, remember that it is always important to have fun, but with that fun you need to take heavy consideration into your body and skin health.
To learn how to protect your skin or to have you skin evaluated for sun damage, contact us at Sanova Dermatology and set up a consultation with one of our dermatologists today!