Top 6 Tips for Your Prom Face
Prom can be considered one of the most monumental moments in a young adults life, as it is takes place as the High School chapter nears its end. As you begin to browse dresses, tuxes, and date options, it’s very important to think about how you can prepare your face for prom.
During the final months of the school year you are dealing with many things including finals, decisions about college, and figuring out what you are going to do for the rest of your life! Why let something small, like acne, get you down during this fantastic and exciting time? These are a few things that you can do to make sure that your face is Prom-ready!
- Avoid the urge to tan – Dermatologists and skin care specialists agree: tanning is the number 1 way to ruin your skin! It can lead to dark spots, enlarged pores, even wrinkles. Even more so, tanning in a tanning bed makes you more vulnerable to skin cancer. Just a few trips can raise your chances of melanoma by 75%. Tip: Embrace your natural skin color! If you can’t resist, you could try a self tanner or spray tan!
- Hydrate – Nothing can get the face out of sorts like forgetting to hydrate as you are out picking out your outfit, hanging out with your friends, or studying. This is crucial for keeping your skin looking full and healthy. Tip: Keep a bottle of water in your purse or backpack. The closer it is to you, the greater that chance is that you drink it!
- Sunscreen – A dry and red face is something that we do not dream of having on one of the most exciting nights of High School, so avoid it by making sure to apply sunscreen to your face, neck, and body. There are even moisturizers that contain a decent SPF that are worth looking into if you are concerned about the effect sunscreen on your more sensitive skin. Tip: Find a dermatology grade sunscreen that is specific to certain skin types to avoid unnecessary skin irritation!
- Sleep – It’s extremely difficult to get your brain to turn off at this time of the year. So many things are happening and it is hard not to stay up making plans for the summer and college, but this time is crucial for your skin. During the evening your skin sheds its dead skin cells and replenishes them, and if you miss that time your skin can get off its routine and be more acne prone. Tip: Try to set a goal of getting into bed a bit earlier – slowing down a bit sooner will calm you and more than likely send you to sleep sooner!
- See a Dermatologist – If you’re having trouble controlling your breakouts, it is always good to see a Dermatologist. They are equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to assess your skin and find the right treatment or regimen for your skin. Tip: Try not to wait until the last minute! Sometimes you won’t see effects immediately, so you want to allow time for the full effect of your vibrant face!
- Spoil Your Skin – A hydrating and rejuvenating facial can leave you and your skin feeling relaxed and ready for the big day. This will replenish water and nutrients in the skin. A facial can reset your skin to a good starting point for a new focused regimen that is right for you! Tip: Many products have multiple uses, such as Neocutis gentle cleanser! Wear overnight for a refreshing mask!
This will be a night you remember forever. We want to wish you a beautiful Prom night and a clear and bright face!
At Sanova Dermatology, we offer various cosmetic and dermatological services to keep your skin healthy and happy. Contact us if you would like to know more about skin care products and routines, or any skin conditions.