Skin Diet: Dark Chocolate Mint Green Smoothie
Most of us tend to turn to food during times of emotional stress, and what bigger time for stress than a wedding, being in school, or being a parent? Although we love all of these activities and roles, it is a challenging task for our minds and our skin. That extra stress can cause blemishes, dry patches, acne, and many other skin irritations. We found this fantastic recipe that is filled with nutrients and stress reducing ingredients so that you may eat your feelings healthfully!
Dark Chocolate is known for its ability to lower hormone levels that can lead to stress. Also, items such as avocados and spinach are fantastic for boosting antioxidants, and leaving you feeling rejuvenated. Try out this recipe and help squash your stress with this delicious and healthy Dark Chocolate Mint Smoothie!
- 2 heaping cups organic spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 cup filtered water (more or less, for desired thickness)
- ½ avocado, pit and skin removed
- ¼ cup fresh mint or 1 drop of mint extract
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Stevia to taste (for sweetness)
- Ice (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until thick and smooth.
Recipe Credit: www.ohmyveggies.com