Participant Responsibilities In A Clinical Trial
In order for any clinical trial to provide reliable study results, participants are asked to adhere to specific standards. Each separate trial will have strict regulations that should be followed.
“Our professional team will ask that you provide us with a complete and accurate health history and in-depth details of your condition,” states Dr. Ted Lain, board certified Dermatologist at Sanova Dermatology. We want you to be absolutely certain that you fully comprehend the scope and purpose of the study before signing a consent. We encourage you, or your authorized family members, to contact us with questions or concerns.
Fully understanding your role in a study is paramount. We want you to be completely informed before signing a consent form. Keep in mind, however, that informed consent is not a binding contract. You can withdraw from the study at any time.
When you enroll in a study we ask that you:
- Report on time for any and all appointments and/or procedures.
- Take only those medications (both prescription and over the counter) that have been cleared by our providers.
- Promptly report any problems or changes in your medical condition.
- Respect the privacy and rights of other patients you may encounter in our office.
- Remain under the care of your current health-care provider for all issues not related to the study protocol.
- Furnish our staff with current personal and demographic information so that we may effectively communicate with you about scheduled visits and remain updated on your health status. Such information includes: your current address and telephone contact numbers; names, addresses, and telephone numbers of emergency contacts; and the names and contact information for any physicians currently treating you.
By working together, as partners in health care, we can make your participation in our trial a meaningful experience.
Are you interested in participating in a dermatology clinical trial in Austin, Texas? Visit the AICR website to see if you qualify!