Radiant Skin for Your Wedding Day: Top 5 Skin Care Tips for the Bride-to-be!
Everyone wants to look flawless on their wedding day. However, wedding planning stress can take its toll on our skin. Dr. Miriam Hanson at Sanova Dermatology has 5 simple skin care tips to give you radiant, beautiful skin on your wedding day.
- De-Stress: With guest lists, flowers, dress fittings and mother-in-laws, planning a wedding is far from a non-stress event? “Stress can cause changes our skin’s barrier,” says Dr. Hanson. “These changes can ultimately this can lead to unwanted blemishes, fever blisters, eczema flares, worsening psoriasis and rosacea, and other types of outbreaks.” By reducing stress levels you can improve the health of your skin. Try a stress-relieving workout. Exercise can reduce stress levels and prevent unwelcome skin problems on your wedding day. The nashville drug rehab program can help the ones that have fallen prey to addiction due to stress.
- Hydrate: Dry, peeling, flaky skin is the last thing any bride wants to face in the mirror on her wedding day. Remember, prevention is the best medicine! Hydrate your body on both the inside and outside. Drink plenty of water on a daily basis, and try to avoid alcohol (remember how dehydrated you felt the morning after your Bachlorette party?). Taking short, cooler showers helps soothe dry skin problems. Dr. Hanson also recommends a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid to improve hydration and pull water back into the skin.
- Exfoliate: That radiant wedding day glow can definitely be achieved by removing dull and dead skin cells on the outermost layers of the skin. Exfoliating 2-3 times a week can also minimize acne outbreaks while keeping your skin soft and supple! A light chemical peel can help obtain additional results. “While exfoliating can help prepare your skin for the big day, the long term effects aren’t bad either,” explains Dr. Hanson. Regular exfoliation can help fight the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Diet: Your skin is often a reflection of your diet. With a hectic wedding planning schedule, it’s easy to snack and let your diet slip. Instead of giving into temptation, stick to a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These essential nutrients will aid in the skin’s natural renewal process by repairing and building healthy skin cells. By making healthy food choices you can give yourself gorgeous skin on your wedding day. “Crash diets can also affect the skin,” warns Dr. Hanson. “Many brides think about shedding a few pounds before their big day, but too much too fast can have negative effects on the skin.”
- Sleep: “There’s truth to the term ‘beauty sleep.’” Those restless nights can lead to dark circles, puffy eyes and even acne outbreaks. Proper sleep hygiene is essential for healthy skin. Lack of sleep can disrupt the skin’s natural growth and repair processes. While it may seem like there’s never enough time to plan for your wedding, don’t skimp on your sleep. Aim for 7 hours a night to achieve a luminous, clear glow on your big day.
If you would like more information, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dermatologists, please contact us today.