Skin Care Regimen: Step 3, Masks and Exfoliators
When it comes to face masks, there are a few main types. Depending on the type of skin you have, and what your main focus is, will depend on which kind you should use. A note before we begin: always be sure to use cleanser and toner (optional) before you apply a mask and/or exfoliate. Most masks can be used 1-2 times per week.
Types of Face Masks:
- Great for dry or sensitive skin types
- Will add moisture to your skin
- Rejuvenate skin for a healthy glow
- Soothes and moisturizes dry or irritated skin types
- Simply absorbs into the skin, with little mess left behind
- May help reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Ideal for oily, combination, or normal skin types
- Absorbs toxins and impurities
- Helps reduce appearance of large pores
- Pre-cut sheet to fit the contour of your face
- Fiber is covered in different types of nutrients and ingredients
- Several different kinds available: moisturizing, deep cleansing, exfoliating, etc.
Want to opt for an exfoliator? These can be used 1-3 times a week, or less if you have sensitive skin. The purpose of an exfoliator is essentially the same as that of a face mask; to remove dead skin cells and help your skin attain its beautiful glow. Using an exfoliator also preps your skin so it can more readily absorb moisturizer and other products following in your skin care regimen. It aids in clearer skin, healthier skin, and a more even skin tone.
Types of Exfoliators:
- Removes top layer of dead skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Use 1-3 times per week
Neocutis Exfoliating Skin Cleanser is a great exfoliator and helps to prime skin prior to any procedures. It ameliorates skin’s progress to fresh, vibrant skin, with the help of Glycerin to hydrate.
- Great for priming the skin before chemical peels and other resufacing procedures
- Used 2-3 x per week for maintaining a natural tone and texture to your skin.
The Clarisonic brush is a great at home exfoliating device guaranteed to leave the skin soft and smooth.
- A more intense type of exfoliation
- Removes and exfoliates the outer layers of skin
- Great for restoring skin’s radiance
- Helps even out skin tone, blemishes, brown spots, and scars
Vivite Vibrance Therapy is known as an “at home chemical peel.” It contains 15% glycolic compound, a restorative antioxidant-rich cream.It helps create the appearance of a brighter and more even skin tone.