Chad Prather, MD
The only fellowship-trained Baton Rouge dermatologist, Dr. Chad Prather specializes in skin cancer treatment and aesthetic dermatology. Dr. Prather received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine and served as Chief Resident in the LSU Department of Dermatology.
Dr. Prather pursued advanced fellowship training in Mohs surgery in Birmingham, Alabama at one of the most respected skin cancer and cosmetic dermatology practices in the country. Since founding Dermasurgery Center in his hometown of Baton Rouge, he has performed over 15,000 procedures. Dr. Prather sees patients at Sanova Dermatology – Baton Rouge and Sanova Dermatology – Lafayette.
Dr. Prather is the author of numerous scientific papers and textbook chapters on topics including: skin cancer, botulinum toxins, facial fillers, Kybella, chemical peels, laser therapies and dermabrasion.
- Board-certification by the American Board of Dermatology
- Clinical Assistant Professor and Former Surgical Director in the LSU Department of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana State Medical Society Board of Governors, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana Dermatology Society, Past President
Education and Training
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana – Graduated in 1998
Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Magna Cum Laude
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana – Graduated in 2003
Doctor of Medicine
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine
Internal Medicine training
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Dermatology Associates, Birmingham, Alabama
Mohs Micrographic Surgery training; Procedural Dermatology training
Contact Sanova Dermatology
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Prather, please contact us today.
1245 Camellia Boulevard
Suite 300 Lafayette, LA 70508
Practice: (337) 839 2773
Billing Office: (337) 839 2773
6411 Perkins Road
Suite 100 Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Practice: (225) 303 9500
Billing Office: (225) 303 9500