Top 5 Ways to Spring Into Fresh Skin
Spring is finally upon us, and it is now time to start taking stock in your skin! Are you allowing yourself to look as fresh and clear as possible? “There is a multitude of things that you can do to make your skin happy and allow you to look your best in all seasons,” Dr. Miriam Hanson board-certified dermatologist in Austin, Texas states. Sanova Dermatology wants you to look your best, so we are offering you 5 great tips to get you where you want to be!
1. Water – A good solution to most problems with your body is water. It helps you stay hydrated and cleanses you from the inside out. Keeping yourself hydrated allows for your skin to be nourished and looking as bright as possible. Lack of water makes your skin dry and flaky. That is not how you want to spend your gorgeous spring days. “Add a few extra glasses to your daily routine to keep your skin happy and perky!” Dr. Hanson suggests.
2. Skin Foods – There are numerous amounts of fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc. that can offer you the vitamins that your body and skin need to keep you in top shape. Specific foods to keep on the menu this spring include: Green tea, which can be had iced or hot, and offers copious amounts of antioxidants. Tomatoes offer your skin collagen assisting vitamin C, helping your skin look firm and gorgeous. Kale contains a plethora of vitamins and minerals that your body can use to feel great all-around. Avacado, while also being delicious, offers healthy amounts of Vitamin E and is a great for keeping your skin glowing.
3. Exfoliate– How are you supposed to look your best when you are wearing a mask of dead skin cells? It sounds gross, but one of the best ways to help keep your skin in great shape is by offering it a hand and removing a bit of the excess skin cells by exfoliating. Try to take a day off between exfoliating to allow your skin the time to catch up to your handy work!
4. Moisturize – Moisturizing is always a key factor in getting your skin to be as fit as you are. Dry skin, while not appealing, also isn’t doing your skin any favors! Try to keep a steady application of moisture rich lotion on your face, especially as the pool and waves remove the oils that keep your face looking invigorated.
5. Sunscreen– As any situation where sun comes into contact with your skin, sunscreen is always a must to keep you looking fresh. Red, burnt, and peeling skin isn’t the you that you picture enjoying the spring breeze. Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above can keep your skin happy and allow you to get a bit of the Vitamin D that the sun offers to you while you are enjoying your bright and sunny day!
Are you taking the easy steps that enable yourself to look radiant throughout all seasons?Take our advice this spring and do your skin, and yourself, a great favor! If you ever feel that you are having more than average acne or skin concerns, contact us!