Dr. Adam J. Mamelak
Our internationally recognized team of professionals is dedicated to providing you the highest quality medical and esthetic skin care. That means accurate diagnosis, individual attention, and a customized treatment plan, in a comfortable and caring environment.
Adam J. Mamelak MD, FRCPC, FAAD
Dr. Mamelak is dual board-certified in dermatology; he holds certification in both America and Canada. He was the founder of the first-ever Mohs Micrographic surgery practice in the Canadian capital city of Ottawa, Ontario. He treated such prestigious clients as dignitaries and political leaders. He is a renowned specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer. He remains at the forefront of new discoveries, often conducting clinical and laboratory research. Many respected medical journals have published the findings of Dr. Mamelak’s research.
In 2011, Dr. Mamelak relocated to Austin, TX, where he founded Sanova Dermatology, a unique practice offering innovative and effective skin care treatments. In addition to Mohs surgery, Dr. Mamelak specializes in dermal fillers, BOTOX® injections, laser surgery, chemical peels, tumescent liposuction, eyelid rejuvenation, varicose vein treatment, and sclerotherapy.
- Fellow – American College of Mohs Surgery
- Diplomat – American Board of Dermatology
- Member – American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member – American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Board Member – Canadian Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Member – Canadian Dermatological Association
- Fellow – American Academy of Dermatology
Education and Training
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec – Graduated in 1996
Bachelor of Science degree; among the top five percentile of the Faculty of Science
- Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada – Graduated in 2000
Earned the coveted Gold Medalist award, the highest honor of Canadian medical schools
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Internal Medicine training
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Molecular Immunology Research fellowship; Dermatology residency
- Texas Medical Center, Houston, Texas
Mohs Micrographic Surgery training; Procedural Dermatology training
Contact Sanova Dermatology
If you would like more information, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dermatologists, please contact us today.