David W. Powell, MD
Dr. Powell is a board-certified dermatologist licensed in both Louisiana and Texas. He graduated from Tulane University School of Medicine in 1993 after receiving a full scholarship from the United States Navy. Dr. Powell completed his internship in Internal Medicine at Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, Virginia, and his United States Naval Flight Surgeon training at Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. He served as the Senior Flight Surgeon at Naval Air Station, Dallas and Joint Reserve Base, Ft. Worth, Texas. After concluding his active duty service in the Navy, Dr. Powell returned to New Orleans and completed his dermatology residency at Tulane and Charity Hospital in 2001. During this time, he also served as a reserve Flight Surgeon at Naval Air Station, Belle Chasse. For the last 16 years, he has been a highly respected member of the Houston medical community.
Dr. Powell enjoys practicing all aspects of dermatology, including general, surgical, cosmetic, pediatric, and geriatric. He is a member of the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery.
Dr. Powell is excited to be part of Sanova Dermatology San Antonio, as well as our partner practices; Poole Dermatology and Suzanne Bruce & Associates.
Outside of the office, Dr. Powell enjoys an active lifestyle with his wife Courtney (a New Orleans native), and their two children, Sam and Josie.
Professional Affiliations (current and past)
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Society
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Academy of
- American Board of Dermatology(2001-2019)
- American Society for Laser Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Texas Dermatologic Society
Education and Training
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Bachelor of Sciences – Zoology, graduated with high honors
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portsmouth Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, Virginia
Internal Medicine Residency
- Naval Aerospace Medical Institute, Pensacola, Florida
Naval Flight Surgery School
- Naval Air Station – Dallas, Texas & Joint Reserve Base – Fort Worth, Texas
Senior Naval Flight Surgeon
- Naval Air Station, Belle Chase, Louisiana
Naval Reserve Flight Surgeon
- Tulane School of Medicine – Charity Hospital of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
Schedule with David W. Powell, MD
If you need an appointment earlier than 48 hours, please call the location to check availability.
1900 Saint James Place
Suite Suite 600 Houston, TX 77056
Practice: (713) 850-0240
Billing Office: (713) 850-0240 x1192
1245 Camellia Boulevard
Suite 300 Lafayette, LA 70508
Practice: (337) 839-2773
Billing Office: (512) 359-7546